Google Pixel 3, 3 XL, and other Pixel Smartphones receiving Android Q Beta 1
Published on Mar 14,2019 By
Last Updated on 14-03-19 09:43:45
You can enroll your device on the dedicated Google Page, if eligible. The Android Q Beta 1 rolls out according to the Android Beta Program and currently all the Google smartphones Pixel and Pixel XL, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL, along with Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. All these handsets are eligible to install Android Q Beta 1 via OTA (over-the-air).
The step taken by Google offers developers and early adopters to test the new Android Q for a successful launch later this year. A trusted source suggests Google will hold I/O conference in May 2019, when many Android Q features will be unveiled.
Below we’ve talked about some Android Q features and functions revealed yet.
- Android Q will give limited access to mobile IMEI, serial number and other similar identities.
- Android Q will prevent applications from running other activities while in the background, that might help it to launch ads or other stuff by a device itself.
- Android Q will ask a user “where to download” so that we will be able to download and save specific files into a related folder, not as a whole staff in the download folder.
- Android Q will be compatible with Foldable Smartphones, therefore, those who following new foldable screens trend (as it getting popularity rapid fast in 2019) will glade to meet foldable friendly Android Q.
- WiFi stack is also improved in Android Q and there you will see a low-latency mode and much more for privacy and security.
- Dynamic Depth Image, that is something completely new as software supported, thanks to Android Q. We hope it will surely enhance creativity fun for the camera.
- Android Q supports AV1 video codec and Optimized Speed and Music Streaming with HDR10+ dynamic color range for display.
- Android Q will boost run time, too. It will ensure the new software is faster than the previous Android Pie.
- Screen Recording is also available as a native feature of Android Q, this will save you from downloading Paid Softwares or ad-rich screen recorders from Play Store.
Google has not officially stated what the ‘Android Q’ will be called, but there are a few names famous on the internet. Those names are Android 10 Qurabiya, Quindim, Qottab, Queen of Puddings, Quesito, Queijadinha, Quirks, and Quibble. Remember these are only expectations and suggestions, no one has confirmed yet.